Wednesday, May 11, 2005

time flies...

...when you're leaving for Pakistan in four days. Yowza. My salwar kameez arrived today, and to say that it's "loose-fitting" is an understatement. I could fit three other people in there with me. But that's okay, it's all about blending in, being respectful of local culture, etc. Of course, the print looks vaguely African in nature, but they said it was imported from India. Whatever - I'm trying. And I can get them made there for something like $2 or $3.

I can imagine that I'll have quite the bill when I get to the pharmacy tonight - I've had a wee bit of a sore throat, so I went to get it checked out just in case. And once I said "I'm going to Pakistan for a few months", my doctor (who is AWESOME), gave me three more prescriptions for various antibiotics and girl meds, as well as her e-mail address in case anything happens and I need some advice from her. She rocks. Plus, I'm getting my prescription for my $35 per week malaria meds. I will be a one-woman pharmacy, I swear. Well, as the Boy Scouts say, "be prepared". Not that I normally quote the Boy Scouts, that's just such a darn handy phrase.

So, I was sitting outside eating lunch today with my boss, and in that one hour, I managed to turn the tops of my thighs bright red. This, perhaps, does not bode well for my time by the pool at the American School. I will be stocking up on sunblock, however. Nothing but SPF 45 for me!

Well, work is certainly keeping me busy in the meantime, so I'd best be getting back to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home