Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Where Has the Time Gone?

I've got some things written about Paris (which was fantastic, by the way), but the last few days have been a blur of seeing as many people as possible, unpacking, doing laundry, and repacking. I'm not such a fan of the re-packing thing, as it means that I'm taking off again. However, this trip will be a short one. It's the post-Christmas trip that will be the next long haul.

I'm trying to be optimistic - I think it will be an interesting country, with some beautiful scenery (and since I have a digital camera now, you all can actually get to see some pictures while I'm there!!), and the work will be interesting. I can't speak to much else yet, since I haven't been there, but like I said - I'm working on my attitude, because if I go there utterly convinced that it's going to suck, then it probably will. So that's my dose of "Susie Sunshine" for the day. Now I have to get back to packing....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy,

I hope you have a good flight. It was great to catch up before you leave for Yemen.

I'm finally getting around (obviously) to reading your blogs.

By the way, how's that big toe?

Luv ya!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry I didn't call before you left. good thing I ended up coming into work today - would have failed an evaluation if I hadn't been here... because someone forgot to send me an updated version of a document 2 WEEKS AGO so what I turned in today, the due date, based on that document, was only half complete... They forgot to send me their updated document even though i sent them my draft for comment TWO WEEKS AGO when they could have looked at it and said "whadafa - this isn't right!" THEN. See, stupidity is everywhere. Urgh.

glad you're only gone for 2 weeks this time!!
AS

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home