Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Careful What You Wish For...

You know those jokes I made about getting dysentery to take off the weight I put on while in Paris? Well, it’s not as fun in practice as it is in theory. (Okay, I never thought it would be *fun*, but at least useful.) I’ve been feeling brutally sick since yesterday, to the point where I couldn’t go into the office today. I should be doing work while I’m here, but since I was up every two hours or so last night, I keep falling asleep. TL got me some water and bananas at my request to help settle my stomach and keep me hydrated, so that was really nice of him. He’s been very understanding and nice about this. As the day has gone on, I think it’s getting a little better thanks to the magic cocktail of Pepto, Mylanta, and Cipro (the key ingredient), but last night was just miserable. The raging headache doesn’t help, either.

(cue violins)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, Yemen done you wrong! Every time you come back 'round to Yemen, it just treat you bad agin...

Seriously, don't mess with dysentery. Scurvy, on the other hand, is just a laugh a minute. Get better.
Dan (howdy from the Badger State)

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now I just heard that you passed out at 31 Flavors, but dysentery, that's serious!

Now, I gotta go be like ginny esquire and webmd dysentery so I know what exactly it is besides bad.

I hope you feel better soon!!!
xoxo
mamey

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My advice? Challenge that bastard dysentery to a one-on-one paint-a-thon of doom. Winner takes all. You'll clean up, as dysentery has no hands. See! I'm smrt!
Dan

3:29 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Oh no! Fluids and sleep, sleep and fluids. Get better soon!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Brunette said...

Mmmm... Mylanta and Cipro. Two great tastes that taste great together. I feel for you, darlin'. I really do. Hopefully you won't have a tummy attack in a government ministry building, where the entire building's water supply is turned off for repairs *while you're in the bathroom*. (Yerevan. Awesome.)

I'll send good thoughts your way, and hope that by the time you read this you're feeling much better!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Brunette - that is really the worst story I've ever heard. You remain my hero. Plus, you're never boring.

3:48 AM  
Blogger Brunette said...

Aren't you sweet?

Ironically, I was visiting the Ministry of Health. Like a black fly in your Chardonnay.

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home