Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Little Something Different

Okay, it’s not remotely different – I was up around 2:30 this morning. I think this would be getting better if I would stop falling asleep in the early evenings. Need to work on that – but at least I can still sleep during evening hours and it’s not a complete loss. I can also get some work done – it’s a little before 4 am, and I don’t have to worry about getting ready until 6:30 or thereabouts. I do, however, need to figure out whether or not to look a little fancier today, as our client is coming by for a meeting.

Much to my delight, my Foo Fighters CD works fine on my CD player. So, while that’s really annoying about not being able to play it on my computer, it’s still listenable. Happy Mandy. (It’s the little things.) And the reason it won’t work on my computer? BMG will only let me play it if I let them install files on my computer. There’s something inherently uncool about that, so…not so much. Funny, though – Real Player classifies their music as “grunge”. I didn’t realize that Real Player thought it was 1993.

I mentioned, not so subtly, to the staff that I was expecting to see them this morning when everyone left yesterday. We’ll see when people feel like showing up. I talked to Franz (the very nice German guy who works part-time on the project and lives here with his family) about it, and he agreed with my frustrations and said that he’d mentioned it to TL before.

(As a p.s., it’s 10:45, and hardly anyone is here. I could scream.)

(But on the plus side, my back doesn’t hurt nearly as much. I should be back in the proverbial saddle by tomorrow.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chairborne Stranger said...

Thanks for your uplifting comment on my blog the other day! I appreciate it!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home