Saturday, January 21, 2006

Weekend? What Weekend??

I’m getting a much later start than I would if we were in the office, but I’ve got a full day of work ahead of me. There’s too much to do to really take a day off – but since “Pirates of the Caribbean” is on The Movie Channel, I think I’ll start after it’s over. Johnny Depp, as some of you may know, was my first true love, and I think that I had *excellent* taste as a 12-year old. At the very least, my taste in that particular area is remarkably consistent with my taste as a 29-year old. (Fortunately, my taste in other areas has changed substantially. Can you even find banana clips or acid-washed jeans anymore?)

I had grand plans for yesterday, once we got back to the hotel. I really and truly had every intention of getting a good bit of work done that afternoon. Instead, as I was reading, I fell stone cold asleep. Woke up around 8 pm, went down to dinner with TL and S, then S and I watched a movie and stayed up quite late talking. Overall, it was a very enjoyable evening, but it does rather leave me behind the proverbial eight ball. (“Will I be up obscenely late working?” [shake, shake, shake] “All signs point to ‘yes’.”)

Ah well – it builds character, yes?

More bathtub laundry today, but it works and gets my clothes nice and clean, even if I did scald my hands a little (that tap water can get very hot). I’m going to head down for the gym later for a mid-day break – although is it really considered a break if you still haven’t started the activity from which you are supposedly taking a break? Hmm… In any case, it will be good for me to get off my posterior. And as I sit here, with my nice, hot mug of Cup-A-Soup steaming up my glasses, the clouds are parting a little on some of the work I have to do. TL gave me some good suggested revisions for what I’ve already written, and once I figure out the best way to put them into action, I have a feeling that I will have a much stronger chapter that I can then put aside until final report editing. I hope. So for today, things are okay over here in Yemeni Frontier House…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We need to get you some of those dishwashing gloves so your hands don't get burned!

Mmmmm. Johnny. Yeah. He was voted one of the worst dressed at the Golden Globes. Who cares.

LOVE!

st

7:59 AM  
Blogger wstachour said...

Loved Johnny in Don Juan de Marco. And What's Eating Gilbert Grape. I guess there's a new Pirates coming out, volume 2!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget that you wear reading glasses. I'm sure they make you so look so HOT in a hot librarian sort of way. better not wear them out of the room - wouldn't want to tempt those weak men over there.
AS

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, you can take a break from a break... its called work. ;-) KC

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home