Monday, January 16, 2006

Goodness!

I’ve had to wake up early so that I can actually get some work done, because TL is incessantly calling me into his office, when I don’t need to be there, and I just *sit* there, for far longer than necessary. I spent three hours yesterday morning sitting in his office, when we could have covered everything in less than one hour. I sat there for 30 minutes just watching him fiddle with a GPS, wanting desperately to get back to my desk but being told “wait just a minute…” every time I tried to leave. I’m going to have to do some laying down of the law on that one. It’ll be interesting, and I have a feeling that it will go in one ear and out the other.

He spoke to the staff yesterday about the whole “showing up late, if at all” thing, so hopefully that will be resolved. S and I are continuing movie nights, which is good – makes things feel a little more normal to be able to hang out and watch a movie with a girlfriend. Since I keep getting interrupted by TL, she’s having to do most of the work so far on the chapters we’re supposed to be writing together, because I’m still trying to finish my first one, about which I feel bad. (Oh, and TL said that he was just as good at editing in English as me…um, that’s not true, but if he’d prefer to do the final editing himself, I’m certainly not going to stop him.)

We went to a grocery store yesterday, so I picked up a couple of things – milk, cereal, crackers, a little bag of cashews – just staples, for the most part. It’s nice to have a few more options, I suppose. Maybe I’ll see if L can find me an electric kettle or something, since (although I haven’t tried it recently) I assume my heating coil is still busted.

Yesterday morning, while waiting for TL to get out to the car, I took a few pictures. Being so high up, the clouds have been hanging down into the mountains lately, making for some really beautiful views. I didn’t notice this the first time I was here, so either I was oblivious, or it’s a seasonal thing that just started. Either way – it’s a nice view to have in the mornings.

Now, some more of trying desperately to get this frickin’ chapter done. (I’ve been up since 5 am.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Nice photos. That 2nd one looks suspiciously like a "God picture" though -- you should try to sell it for a calendar or something!

10:15 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

It *does* look like something from a Successories calendar, doesn't it?? How funny... Maybe I could make a few extra bucks on it? Hmm...

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pix, M

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home