Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happiness Is...

Having an external hard drive. And knowing that the hard drive on my Dell laptop that I use courtesy of my employer can crap out all it wants, and I won’t have to have a meltdown along with it.

The way work has been lately has been making me think about what I’d really like to do if I didn’t have to worry about trivial things. Like paying bills. It’s not that I don’t like my job, I find it interesting much more often than not, I think we do some really great work around the country and around the world, and I work with some really great people. But there are those times when I feel like I’m no closer to finding that oft-mentioned balance, and I think about what I’d find truly rewarding. It probably goes without saying that I’d like to be a writer (among other things), as most, if not all, bloggers have something of the frustrated writer buried in them somewhere. Blogging is a forum for people to read what you have to write without those pesky middle men known as agents, editors, and booksellers. Not to mention reviewers.

But for now, I will, I suppose, persist in the stroll down Narcissism Lane that is this blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Write on! You have lots o' talent! I'll never create the Next Great American Novel (hah!) but writing is what I love to do, too. Scribble, scribble...
Go for it.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Onyah said...

How crazy! Last night, I was walking down a dark street with my laptop in tow, and it occurred to me (as it has many times before), that if I were to get mugged at that moment, I’d be totally effed without all my school files, my iTunes library, my address book, etc.

So what did I do first thing this morning? Hit Amazon and buy an external hard drive! It shall arrive soon, and I shall know your joy.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home