Monday, October 02, 2006

Eeee!

So, in a big surprise for me (well, I knew the event was coming, I just didn’t know the particulars), Special K proposed on Friday!!! It was beautiful and romantic, and surprisingly to me, I actually cried. (Proof that I am, in fact, really a girl!) In any case, the rest of the weekend was a whirlwind of family and friends and phone calls and all that good stuff, and it was wonderful.

*le sigh*

I asked him if I actually said “yes”, to which he responded “well, you nodded and mumbled something, so I took that as a yes.” Did I mention I was standing there in my bathrobe with my hair dripping? It was so great – and definitely memorable!

So, in a few months, I’ll be Mrs. Special K. How exciting!! (Both the getting married part and the no-long-engagement part.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoohaa from the Madcity! Shout out to both you and Mr. Special K. Very good news, and of course, we'll be crashing the wedding.
See you in November for the bonfire and fun!
Madcity

3:36 PM  
Blogger wstachour said...

Wow! Congrats! Such big news :-)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Hooray! This has been fun to watch! :-) Congrats to you both.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Wow - wunderbar! Does this mean you won't be lovin' on my kids?? (she says selfishly...) (pouty face)
deb

11:35 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Thanks for the good wishes everyone!! And Deb, I'll always be around for your girls - it's been so great to get to know them! (But I'm going to be selfish and take time off from youth group for my wedding and honeymoon...)

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home