Monday, January 08, 2007

Nine Days

I just heard from my doctor’s office, and my surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday, January 17th. I’m pretty disappointed that it’s not going to be sooner, but at least it won’t be later. I’m going to just give myself a little bit of time to be upset about the timing and the fact that I have to deal with this crap at all, because there’s really no way to sugar-coat it. This blows. Hard.

And then, I will suck it up, get as much work done as possible between now and next Wednesday, try to go for a few long walks and go swimming a few more times, and try to give myself the best chance for a quick recovery.

I’ve been sacked out on Special K’s couch, with the Food Network playing in the background as I work, giving me good recipe ideas while I attempt to earn my keep. I’m not sure that I’d say I’m doing a good job, but learning the discipline necessary to really work from home does take a little work, and discipline is not my strong suit. I have a feeling that turning off the TV will be step #1. (When you can actually sit, then you can actually sit in an office, and all of these things are more conducive to concentration.)

So that’s the scoop. I’m not happy about having surgery, and I’m not happy about waiting to have surgery, if those two things make sense at all. I just want to be able to move around normally, without being in pain. I want to be able to use both of my legs, to feel both of my legs, and to get back to the rest of my life. So, if I have to have surgery to do all of those things, then fine.

Meah.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand completely. Waiting is the worst part. Once you're in and under, you only get better from there. And yes, it's probably okay to be irritated and complain. That kind of stuff sucks eggs. But, you'll be better in plenty of time for important stuff in March, plus the appropriate amount of pre-celebration in February. We'll be pulling for the best from WI.
Madcity

9:40 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

I'm sorry you have to keep feeling like this for a little while longer, but I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts and get-well vibes. Are you sure you're gonna be up for everything on Saturday? We will be there to do your bidding!

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home