Saturday, December 30, 2006

And So It Goes

I had my second and final epidural today – it hurt less than the last one, partially because I think I was more prepared for it, and partially because, last time, everything else was still hurting so much, any additional pain was just blown a bit out of proportion. Once again, Special K and I were out in Columbia, MD at the crack o’ dawn, and the early rise combined with a late night last night meant that we got home after a stop at my parents’ house and I crashed for about five hours. I love naps – I really, really do.


It’s unfortunate, however, that I’m left with a lot of unfinished work that I’ve got to try to get to now, because I was mesmerized by a website that I found yesterday called www.myheritage.com that has the COOLEST FEATURE EVER – it can scan a photo of you and tell you which celebrities you look like. However, you have to specify the gender when looking at your results, or it might tell you that, in a certain photograph, you look like, oh, say, David Hasselhoff.

I can’t even remember the photo in which I, allegedly, bore a 60something percent resemblance to The Hoff, but the others were far less off-putting. Much to my dismay, it didn’t think I look like Jennifer Garner (although Special K mysteriously does, or at least says he does – he’s either deluded or very smart…), but I did get results like Kelly Preston and Shania Twain, which I didn’t find particularly insulting or anything, just odd because I don’t think I look like either one of them. Katie Couric came up several times, which was somewhat distressing, since I’ve seen those pictures of her where she looks like the Crypt Keeper or something. I’m sure she’s a lovely woman, but really – it was a tad disturbing.

In any case, if you want to waste a few hours, that’s one way to go.

Wedding planning goes on and continues to be relatively low-stress, despite the occasional bump in the road. However, Special K and I seem to agree thus far on the nature of the bumps and how to best handle them, so I think that bodes well for the future. I’m sure that we won’t always agree about these things, because no two people ever agree all the time unless one of them is lying, but we are able to talk with each other like adults, which goes a long way toward working through disputes.

On that profound and slightly-Dr.-Phil-ish note, I’ve got to get back to work. Meah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home