Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm back!

Well, I'm back from the villages of Mau and Mataro Hinguro, and there is just so much to say. However, I've finished scrubbing the dirt off myself, and that, combined with temperatures well over 100 degrees today, has me all tuckered out. SO, since I know billions of people are reading this and waiting with baited breath (um....sure), I'll just say the following:

1 - It was a fascinating experience
2 - Being in the villages was great
3 - Our government guy, who keeps reminding us that HE'S THE CLIENT definitely is trying to use this project to do favors for his buddies
4 - Pakistani hospitality is amazing - the people are really wonderful
5 - We almost died in a fiery car crash on many, many occasions
6 - I am going to be amazed if I don't get sick from this trip
7 - Mangoes fresh from the tree are fan-freaking-tastic
8 - 110 degree weather is really hot. I don't give a crap about that "dry heat" stuff. It's really hot.
9 - Pakistan is a beautiful country. Not in that St. Bart's kind of way, but it's still beautiful - you just have to know how to appreciate it.
10 - I love cars that don't break down. Even if I have to share them with the government guy. Although Judy and I were immensely glad to have Hamid back safely, with another car, despite the fact that the a/c didn't exactly "work".

Okay - ten is a decent-sized list, no? I'll write more later - I'm off to go stare at the inside of my eyelids. The heat makes you sleepy, after all. Even the dry heat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Glad everything is going well! Better you than me in the crappy heat, I'd be ready to kill myself. By the way, what's up with your cell. I've tried calling several times and I always get the Pakistani lady telling me that the number cannot be reached at this time. ANNOYING! :) Love you!

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just tried mango margaritas for the first time, where they make them from fresh pureed mangoes. I gotta imagine that they'd be even MORE fan-freaking-tastic with mangoes fresh from the tree! I'll have to treat you to some when you're back!

Stef

10:34 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

It is *so* on, I'll be all about the mango margaritas!!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home