Saturday, June 11, 2005

And the word of the day is...

YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so that's two words. BUT, I just found out that we signed the contract for Vietnam which means that I'm going! WAHOO!! I e-mailed the project manager to see when he wants me to arrive and all that good stuff, so I have absolutely no details at the moment, but I am still SO excited! I think that it will make the most sense for me to leave and come back here, and I don't think it's going to extend my time away, but that sort of thing is, clearly, still undetermined.

I am totally doing a happy dance in my head. Because I'm at work, and it might garner a few strange looks were I to do it at my desk. I mean, I suppose that, as is the custom in my company, I shouldn't be convinced that I'm really going until I get on the plane, but at the moment, it looks like that's the case! This is just so great.

Work here is actually going well at the moment. I finally feel like I've hit my stride a little more, and I have a plan of action in my head, of sorts. I had a few meetings yesterday, I've got some reading and research to do today, and my "to do" lists that I make each morning are getting longer. But they're also getting done, so it's all good.

Since it's Saturday, we only work a half day, so I'm heading straight to the pool when we get out of here, then I'm going to see the tailor tonight - it was supposed to be last night, but there was a change of plans. I'm going to have a few more salwar kameez made, but I'm going to modify them slightly so I can wear them in Vietnam, too. Vietnamese women are, generally speaking, the size of my pinky, so finding clothes there would undoubtedly be a little tricky. Ah, the logistics of international travel. (Geez - could I sound any more pretentious? Sorry...)

That's my news - nothing terribly exciting going on in the 'stan, but no news is good news, right?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Vietnam sounds so exciting -- I can't wait to read your posts from there.

If you're looking for more good food ideas, Sarah's Secrets just did a chilled mango-lime soup that looks heavenly. Are you still getting great mangoes? She just blended them together with lime juice, orange juice, and some nonfat yogurt and then chilled it. Makes me wish I could pick a mango off the tree!

Miss you!
Stef

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be careful listening to Stef's comments on mangoes...she really knows how to down the mango margaritas at Tara Thai!

Kisses!
Marie

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home