Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Umm....

*HOW* did it get to be October 5th? I'd like an answer, please, because last time I checked, I had lots more time left to pack and get things in order before leaving for Vietnam.

Gah!!!

I'm sure there's some vast conspiracy behind this. A c-o-n...spiracy. (Old "In Living Color" reference.)

Regardless, the fact remains that in a little over 48 hours, I'll be on my way. Whee! And, thanks to a promptly scheduled c-section, Sarah is going to have her baby before I leave - if only just barely! So that means that all of the major life events that I could reasonably expect to be around for before leaving this fall, I'll be able to have been around for! (Betty - if you want to hold out with baby #2 until after November 28th, I can make it a hat trick! But perhaps no...)

Packing? What is this "packing" you speak of? I am not familiar with it...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mandy girl!
I would love to make it to your goin away happy hour but I could drop any day even though my due date is 20 days from now. I will most likely see you at the hospital for Ethan's arrival. If I don't, hugs and kisses and you'll be missed. I'll pray for your safety and health as well as a safe return back to the states. Also a happy thanksgiving since you won't be around for that. :)
Love,
Gemma

1:53 PM

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silly Mandy...

"*How* did it get to be October 5th?"

From the following reference ( http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2003-07/icc-gwi072703.php ) you will find:

"Addressing the age old question of the reality of time, Lynds says the absence of an instant in time underlying a dynamical physical process also illustrates that there is no such thing as a physical progression or flow of time, as without a continuous progression through definite instants over an extended interval, there can be no progression. "This may seem somewhat counter-intuitive, but it's exactly what's required by nature to enable time (relative interval as indicated by a clock), motion and the continuity of a physical process to be possible." Intuition also seems to suggest that if there were not a physical progression of time, the entire universe would be frozen motionless at an instant, as though stuck on pause on a motion screen. But Lynds points out, "If the universe were frozen static at such an instant, this would be a precise static instant of time - time would be a physical quantity." Consequently Lynds says that it's due to natures very exclusion of a time as a fundamental physical quantity, that time as it is measured in physics, or relative interval, and as such, motion and physical continuity are possible in the first instance. "

Like...duh!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey all!

I just saw Mandy as she left for the airport! She was excited to have been able to see Sarah & Jeff's new baby - if only for 5 minutes. Now, she has a patient wait through security to endure...

Love!!

Stacy ;-)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home