Saturday, December 10, 2005

And We're Back

We’re back at our original hotel, finally, and should be here for the remainder of…well, of the project, really. We’re back in our same rooms, which gives a sense of consistency. I mean, I’m sure that all the rooms probably look basically the same, but there’s still something about having the same room – now I just need to bring a few things back with me to make it homey for my next stretch here. According to CNN World Weather, I guess the East Coast is covered in snow? I realize that the “winter wonderland-ness” of it all is probably not at the forefront of the minds of those who have to deal with the DC panic that follows the announcement of any amount of snowfall. The kind of panic that results in nightmarish traffic and means that the grocery stores immediately run out of milk, bread, and toilet paper. Now really, people - does snow have some kind of laxative effect of which I’m not aware? Back to my original thoughts, though, I’m quite excited to get home and have some snow and winter weather. With the exception of my week in Paris, it’s basically been summer for me since May, so I’m up for a change. I missed fall, which is a bummer because it’s my favorite season, and there’s just something about walking up the walkway to my parents’ house, when the air is crisp and cold, and I can smell the smoke from the wood-burning stove, that always makes me relax and feel some warm fuzzies. I think that it goes back to being in college, and knowing that smell meant that I could just chill out – whether it was because I was home for a few days at Thanksgiving, or for several weeks at Christmas. So I’m looking forward to getting back to it. But for now…work, work, and more work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home