Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Transition

Well, things have been set into motion to make me a full-time domestic employee. I’ve said that I want to be available for international work when things get slow for domestic (which won’t be any time soon, from the looks of it, but every division has peaks and valleys over time), but that I think full-time domestic is what’s best for me now. I kind of can’t believe that I’m actually doing it. Part of me really doesn’t feel like I’m done with international work, if that makes any sense, even though I’m not doing any of it right now. There’s something exhilarating about landing in a foreign country and finding your way through another culture, even if it’s really difficult sometimes, and even if it’s scary. But the opportunity to make a change is here now and I know it’s what’s best for me, it just feels strange. Kind of like I never really thought it would happen. But one of many things that I love about Special K is that he also has a curiosity about the world outside US borders, so I know that, as much as possible, travel will be part of our life to come. This work shift is also happening at a time when I’m having to do some major mental readjustment in other areas of my life as well – so all of these things combined are adding up to a very full head. None of these things are bad, and some of them are downright wonderful and amazing, but they all add up to a very stressed out Mandy.

I feel some much-needed hibernation coming on. I think I should have a free weekend…oh, some time late next month, maybe? Possibly in October.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Do I hear the makings of a....

Spa Day! Spa Day! Spa Day?

Seriously, I'd love one. Interested? We could rally the gals for a little October-ish pampering... ;-)

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home