Sunday, January 14, 2007

More, More, More

This week has gone by awfully quickly in some ways, and has dragged in others. I’ve been awfully domestic – tidying up and making dinner (all these good ideas from the Food Network), and I’ve been struggling to be productive, still working on the discipline necessary to work from home effectively. I find that when I make “to do” lists, it helps a lot, but I also feel like this just isn’t quite reality. Mostly because it’s really not, I s’pose this has something to do with it.

Three days until surgery, and I really can’t wait. I mean, yes, I wish it wasn’t needed, but since I feel as though it is, I want the dang thing over with. The hardest thing for me, honestly, is not being as self-reliant as I like to be. Bleah. But it comes with the territory, I guess, and I know that it’s temporary. But WOW, I can’t wait to be better! I’ve got friends coming into town for a long-planned fun weekend this coming weekend. Fortunately, any night-on-the-town plans were able to be re-arranged so that I can lie prone on the couch while the festivities carry on! And it won’t involve the bridal gurney. (I really do have some great friends.)

I was perusing some local blogs the other day, wasting a little time, and I saw that someone else is referring to her special someone as Special K. I have to admit to having the juvenile reaction of “wait - *I* thought of that first!!”, but really, it’s just blogging, and not a big deal. I just found it odd, but I hardly have dibs on the name – I think Kellogg’s did that first.

Special K’s family has some health issues to contend with at the moment, so that, plus my surgery on Wednesday, has him dealing with more than he should have to deal with at the moment. (If you happen to see him, I think a supportive hug would be in order.) I think we’re going over to his parents’ place this afternoon, I’ll make some food since I can’t really do much else. (Standing to cook is okay. Sitting to eat the actual food, which I’ve done from time to time, is not the best idea, but it’s possible. And I’m getting sick of eating while lying down.)

Wedding plans are moving along, and I continue to be surprised at how quickly it’s all coming up! I mean, the date hasn’t changed, but every once in a while, I’ll look at a calendar, and think “GAH!!! Isn’t there more I should be stressing out over????”. But then the answer is usually “no”, and I return to a more rational frame of mind. I’m sure it’s possible that we will forget something important. But…well, it will be fine, I’m quite sure we’ll survive. As long as we actually get married, that’s kind of the main point. And it will be nice if people have food to eat as well. And we have pictures. And music.

Okay, I’m doing it again.

And now – lots of work to do, work that I haven’t been getting to in the past week that must be due by the end of the day on Monday, or I’ll be leaving a co-worker in a jam, which I don’t want to do, clearly. So, off to examine the socioeconomic impacts of…something. (Trying to avoid work-related details, after all. Well, now I am.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home