Thursday, July 26, 2007

Aww...

So, my parents, after reading my last rant about the ravenous raccoons that decimated my tomatoes, called me on Saturday and said that they had something they wanted to drop off at our house, and asked when we’d be home. I asked what they wanted to drop off, and they were all cryptic about it. Now, as most of you have figured out, which I didn’t, they had been scouring Montgomery County for the last tomato plants available, and showed up gently cradling three Roma tomato plants in a box. We (by which I mean Dad and Special K, while Mom and I chatted as I prepared for a large family dinner that night) planted the new tomatoes, and then my mom suggested something that had briefly occurred to me earlier – why not move the plants into the screened porch? So they are now comfortably ensconced on our porch, away from fat, greedy raccoons, with a grow light to make up for the reduced sunlight, and it looks like we’ll have a bumper crop in a few weeks! Even the plant that got damaged by the raccoons is bouncing back and should be heavy with tomato clusters soon.

*sigh*

I have the best parents ever.

3 Comments:

Blogger DC said...

hey, as long as it's only tomatoes that you're growing under the 'grow light'...it's all good! Stupid raccoons.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the words of Lisa Simpson, "That'll teach 'em to bust my tomaters".
Madcity

3:29 PM  
Blogger MrReRe said...

I know a recipe for BBQ'd coon and tomater salad... :-)

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home