Thursday, April 03, 2008

It's the Final Countdown

I’m so sad that I can’t make that song play when someone (all five of you) comes to open up my blog. Mostly because that song always makes me laugh with its overwhelming cheesiness. Ah…the good times.

The big last day is tomorrow. I know that, despite my best efforts, I will be working up to the last minute and will probably be fielding phone calls from colleagues in the coming weeks about loose ends that I think I’ve tied up. I think that’s just the way it happens. I know I’m going to be working pretty late tonight, which is not likely to evoke the feelings of nostalgia that it might otherwise do. But the thing is that I really do like my co-workers, and I really don’t want to leave anyone in a lurch. So I really want to finish the things that I know I need to finish so that no one comes in to work on Monday morning, the first day of my five days of voluntary unemployment, and says “okay – now how the f*$@ do we figure out how to finish/fix this?” This is partially selfish, because I don’t want people to be calling me when I’m taking some time off, and partially because I respect the people who would be saying that, theoretically.

But really, I want to go home and curl up on the sofa next to Special K. Maybe have a nice glass of red wine, and slowly drift off to sleep.

Instead, I’ll be here, working on a report about hexavalent chromium. And completing my last progress reports.

Because that’s the same.

3 Comments:

Blogger Stef said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

And I hope your week of voluntary employment gives you lots of time for Scrabulous. :-)

5:09 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

"hexavalent chromium"

Sounds like a glandular problem. ;)

d

10:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun on that report, and on your time off between jobs. If I were you, I'd mix all of that together, because time with your loved one, red wine, and reports on hexavalent chromium all combined lead to nothing but good things.
Madcity

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home