Thursday, January 12, 2006

Gettin' *Fancy*!

I’ve noticed that the housekeeping in the hotel can be somewhat uneven. They always come and clean the room every day and leave fresh towels and all that stuff, but I came back to my room the other day to find some slippers, and a big, thirsty bathrobe hanging on my bathroom door, which I hadn’t had before. Okay…very much appreciated, but funny that it didn’t turn up until I’d been there for a week. Yesterday was the coup de grace, though – not only was I given a boatload more towels than normal, with three bathmats all spread out for me at different places in the bathroom, they actually left a towel sculpture on my bed. Seriously.


What is that?? A swan? A cobra? I have no idea. I mean – props to the sculptor, but I laughed…really hard. They also rearranged my shoes for me (unnecessary, but whatever), and rearranged my pictures on the mirror so they would actually stay in place. (Not too keen on that, but it was kindly meant, I’m assuming, so thanks.) I had brought a picture of me and a guy friend to put up – hoping that between that and the fake wedding ring, they’ll assume that it’s my husband. That picture was placed on top of all the others. Heh.

Anyway, back to work – just wanted to share.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You know. It almost looks like what would happen if it were ever possible to make an elephant road kill.

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is for cobra. By the way, I totally used your birthday present as an excuse to cut down the number of keys I bring along with me all the time. I'm down to one house key and one car key and nothing else!

Marie

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So am I the "husband" or are you 2-Timing me already?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Please Jeff - don't you know that all American women are whores? Of COURSE I'm cheating on you. *Duh*.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home