Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Time Keeps On Tickin'...

So, a quick glance at my calendar shows me that I will be leaving here in nine days, arriving home in eleven short little days – whee! I realize that this countdown is probably not as exciting for everyone else as it is for me, but I am all over it. I even numbered my calendar for my *next* trip! It’s possible, however remotely, that there may be some changes in the works for that, but all of that is very much on the DL – and it may not even happen. Knowing how things are progressing (got all my editing done between last night and this morning, by the way – I think TL was a little surprised), it wouldn’t surprise me if I had to come back here for a week or two in the early summer to present the final report. I don’t *want* to, but two weeks is do-able (it’s certainly less than the nine weeks I’ve already spent here), and after all this, I guess part of me kind of wants to complete the project. I’ll jump off that bridge when I come to it, I suppose.

Right now, I’m just really excited to get off that plane at Dulles and be back on home turf!

I’m actually daydreaming about the cooking I’m going to be doing when I’m home, as I’ve already made a few plans for dinner and I’ve already figured out what I’m making. This is what tends to happen as my departure date draws near – I get ahead of myself. In my head, I’m already lying on my couch under a blanket, reading a book, with my cats curled up next to me. I’m also guessing that Brunette and I will be doing some cooking – at least, I hope we will. Since Former Other Roommate is now in his own place, there’s room in the freezer for more than frozen pizza, Hot Pockets, and bagels. I think that’s something we can all get excited about.

It’s funny, because as much as I have a “let’s go out and explore! Let’s see the world! Let’s do stuff!” side to me, I also have a very wide domestic/homebody streak. The trick is reconciling the two – or at least giving them equal time, I suppose.

I’m so jealous – everyone at home got snow – lots and lots of snow! No such thing for me. I haven’t seen snow since it snowed very briefly in Paris. Before that, the last time I saw snow was last winter! My mom sent me a picture of my parents’ yard. Well, hopefully there will be at least a little snowfall when I’m home. As long as I can get home on time, it’s all good. So any time after February 24th will be fine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Back in college the Knobs (aka freshmen) had to countdown significant events to the seniors, like getting their rings, days til Christmas, days until graduation, etc. Just think "8 days and a wake up!!!"

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mand - those are incredibly detailed snowpeople. you always were an overachiever. even in the snow. it looks like you used up ALL the snow to make them. did you go raid your neighbor's yard, too?
AS

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home