Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Bleah...

Why, oh why is it so freaking hard for me to be productive these days? My mind is in about a million different places, and none of them are work-related, which isn’t great. If I could cook for people for a living, I think I’d be doing much better with my ability to concentrate, but since I have to worry about military installations, and not deglazing pans or figuring out how to recreate that tarte tatin au tomates I had in Paris last fall, I must deal with the present.

*le sigh*

I think that the whole impending surgery/sister-in-law in the hospital to give birth to my niece/health problems of future mother-in-law troika can probably justify being a bit distracted, but I still have to get off my arse and get some work done, or else it’s hard to justify not taking sick leave, which I haven’t had to do much of, because I’ve been able to work. But the last few days…not my best.

I’ve got my pre-op appointment tomorrow morning, so that will be all kinds of fun. I get to find out how long I have to stay at the hospital (if at all), how long it will be until I can be up and around (I’ve been told it won’t be more than a day or two), and whether or not I’ll need physical therapy. All that good stuff. I want to write stuff down, so I don’t forget it. Or rather, so my chances of forgetting are much slimmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home