Friday, June 17, 2005

one more thing

I had forgotten this happened, because I was sound asleep at the time, but the phone rang last night at some absurd hour - I don't even know what time it was because my eyes couldn't focus on a clock. I stumbled out into the living room to answer, and here is, approximately how the conversation went:

me: "...hello..?"

him: "hello!"

me: "hello?"

him: "hello!" (this happens a lot - apparently their phone greetings here are different than ours, so phone calls can stall out on the "hello" part if you don't go directly into "asalaamu alaikum")

me: "who are you calling for, please?"

him: "hello!"

me: "who are you calling for??"

him: "hello!"

me: "I don't speak Urdu, who are you calling for??" (yes, I should have just hung up)

him: "I am in love with you"

me: *click*

Judy had told me that she would sometimes get random phone calls or text messages from men, some even sent her text messaged poems. Very odd. Kind of like in college, when the freshman guys would figure out that phone numbers in the dorms were sequential, and would then make obscene phone calls to entire hallways of girls, one by one. But I don't think that these are a bunch of overprivelaged guys who are having the greatest thrill of their life because they get to drink Bud Light Ice and make obscene phone calls at the same time.

However, I resent being woken up by either one.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm...

Bud Light Ice

(drooling noises)


i gotta go make a call

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home