Monday, February 20, 2006

How 'Bout That?

I was sitting in my room this evening, working away, when I heard a knock at the door. I was fairly certain it wasn’t TL, because despite his boisterous voice, he’s quite a timid knocker – perhaps he’s afraid that I’ll be sleeping and he’ll wake me up? I don’t know. But the point is, it was a loud knock and I knew it wasn’t him. I heard an unfamiliar voice in the hallway say something unintelligible, and opened the door. Well, what he was saying was “night service!”, because apparently, the hotel does a turn-down service at night, complete with a yummy little chocolate. Well, I took the chocolate and turned down the offer of turn-down service, but I just thought that was funny. I have, thus far, stayed at this hotel for a grand total of nine weeks. This is the first time I was aware that they did this. Have I mentioned before that service is a little inconsistent sometimes?

However, given the other options in town, I am very glad to have this hotel option, and I am also very glad that the staff here has been, without fail, very nice and friendly and accommodating. Makes it a little easier to be here.

It’s almost 11 pm and I’m writing a pilot zoning ordinance. Who wishes they were me??? Since I’m getting sleepy, I’ve got my glasses on. I can see just fine without them, but they’re nice to have when my eyes get tired. Plus, I look cute in them. Not that I really want anyone here to notice that, I suppose.

I’ll stop talking now. The sleep deprivation is doing all the talking for me anyway.

What’s that, you say? How many days until I’m home? Well, I’m glad you asked! FIVE DAYS!!!

Not that I’m excited or anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brunette said...

5 days?!?!?!?!? Can't wait to see you!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Craziness.... We'll I can definitely say that I've never said "I'd rather be in Pakistan". I've said "I'd rather be in Antigo, Galena, DeForest, MN, and a host of other places (some foreign, others not)". Travel safe and let us know when you're back in crazyland. Of course, after some sleep and home time.
MadCity

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home