Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Did I Really Just Hear That?

So, yesterday I was working on something that I had wanted to have completed on Friday, and didn’t quite get finished. I hate being late and usually am very good about meeting my deadlines, but this just didn’t happen. I finished it before I left yesterday, but shortly after lunch, the person managing the document came in to check on me. I said “I’m really sorry I didn’t get this completed Friday like I had wanted to, I’m just trying to get the most accurate numbers for this stuff, it will be done in an hour or two.” She said “That’s okay…” and I said “well, I did say I’d get it to you Friday, so I’m sorry about that.” Then she said “well, what goes around, comes around.”

Um…what??

Because, if she’d wanted, I could have just not cared and given her something totally half-assed on Friday. Darn me and my insistence on trying to do my job well. Granted, I have been far too distracted for my own good lately, and therefore not as productive as I’d like to be, but is that really necessary? Do adults really speak that way to each other?

The fact that most other people don’t have their sections done yet, either, and the fact that this is far from the only thing I’m working on are not particularly relevant, but still contributed to my feeling of “wha-da-fa?”

I get into bad moods and get snippy just as easily as any other normal person, but I really do try not to take it out on other people, or apologize if I do. This is not to say that internalizing rage is healthy, but when I feel a snotty comment on the tip of my tongue, I do my best to swallow it because I can recognize that it doesn’t get me anywhere to be nasty, and I’ll usually regret it.

Although, I suppose if what goes around, comes around, then someone is likely to get crapped on by a pigeon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh no she di'nt! Honestly, people like that need a good slap in the face. I hope the pigeon that lets loose on her will have just enjoyed a full meal of french fries from elementary school kids and tourists. What's the motto? "I'm lovin' it!"

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiss "Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise" - and THEN slap her. What a complete pillock.
Maman

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God knows your intentions(honesty) and your heart and you will be blessed! Keep on keepin on the great work! Miss ya girl!
Love,
gemz

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home