Thursday, September 14, 2006

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow

I never thought this day would come, I really didn’t. Sure, we’ve had our ups and downs, but I always thought that, in the end, you and I could work out our differences and make each other happy. I probably blamed you for things when I should have taken responsibility for my part of it. After all, it takes two to tango, doesn’t it? But this has to stop, and I have to look at the way things are, and not just the way I’d like them to be.

Recently, you’ve only been hurting me, and as much as I tried to find ways to fix it, nothing did the trick. Nothing would cure me of that feeling in the pit of my stomach every time we were together.

So goodbye, ice cream. Clearly, we can’t play nicely anymore. Lactose intolerance is here to stay, and you’re just not worth the pain …

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you serious? of all sweetness ice cream is what I choose of all sweetness! There are ways getting around it..there's a pill for lactose intolerance!! I would seriously look into it. :) Good times huh!
Love!

10:13 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Sadly, even Lactaid doesn't work for ice cream with me, although it does help for other things.

*sniff, sob*

10:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is where your exceptionally awesome taste in food, especially dessert, comes in handy. I am sure the loss of ice cream will be replaced by another means of sweet, tasty goodness.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three words: Boston Cream Pie. AKA Orgasm on a plate. Which really would have been a better marketing term.
Wee bit of milk in the filling, but not enough to raise an eyebrow at.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry! I believe i am the cause of your painful admission. You go and make me a fantastic dinner and I'm the idiot who brings home "an ice-cream-y sort of thing" for dessert. I no longer deserve to be your BFF.
AS

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay. i guess we'll explore soy?? heee heee.. :) although special k is probably right :)

Love!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH , One other thought, Sammy drinks lacto-free enfamil. If we mix it up and freeze it...he doesn't mind sharing :) Let's experiment!!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I not expecting lines out the door at Ben & Jerry's for Frozen Lacro-Free Enfamil anytime real soon. Unless you add peanut butter cups, in which case I'm all up in that.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home