Monday, March 26, 2007

Domestic Bliss

(I wrote this several days ago, I just hadn't gotten around to posting. In case anyone besides me would notice narrative inconsistencies. Or something like that. Fine. I'm a geek.)


Well, sort of. The cats are still a little freaked out by the fact that their teeny-tiny paws make little thudding noises every time they walk, and the clothes of mine that are at the house are still in suitcases, so we’re working on that. We took the flowers that we had leftover from the wedding and trimmed the ends and put them into vases last night. This is a tribute to how much my flowers kick ass. They look AWESOME, even a week later, and it reinforces how much I love my florist and want to recommend him far and wide to everyone. EVERYONE. Not only for his creativity, fabulous personality, and all that. But also for the quality of the flowers that he chose. He is a genius.

But back to real life.

The house is becoming more livable, slowly but surely. The bedroom is largely organized, except for the suitcases of mine that I’ve yet to fully unpack. The living room looks pretty good, too, and the kitchen is definitely functional. So things are moving forward, and it’s a good feeling. What’s even better is that I used my feminine wiles to get Special K to drive me to work this morning (which basically involved me saying “so…Honey…don’t s’pose you’d want to drive me to work, would you…?” and batting my eyelashes slightly) and it only took 35 minutes! The commute from my old apartment was never less than 55 – 60 minutes. Yay for a shorter commute! I’ve told Special K that I’d love to buy a house in the area where we’re living now, it’s a really interesting, older area that has lots of houses with actual personality! We shall see – at the moment, we’re not in a position to buy anything more ambitious than the groceries we’re buying tonight. It’s fine – we’ve got a plan, but that plan doesn’t involve homeownership for a while still.

I know it’s only been a few days, but married life is good. I have more fun with Special K than with anyone else, so I can’t think of a better person to spend my life with. It’s hard to really explain what’s different about being married, but something definitely feels different. It’s a good feeling, though.

I think I’ll keep him.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christine Staley said...

YAY on domestic bliss! I'm glad you guys are getting settled!

And I totally understand what you mean how being married feels different. Not sure what it is, but I think some kind of subconscious switch gets flipped when you say I do. Either that or it's all the sexy -sexy time. It's a toss up really...

anyway, congrats again and I'm just so dang happy for you guys...

8:14 PM  
Blogger Stef said...

Tee-hee!

You're married! And talking about home ownership!

Suddenly you're like a real Ah-dult!

Maybe someday the rest of us will join you... :-)

9:55 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Yay for bliss and for enjoying every minute of it. For the most part, we STILL do -- 20 years later!
:)
d

P.S. Our cats do the MAJOR freak out whenever they see suitcases or anything that resembles "v-e-t transport"

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You kids and your happy bliss... So nice... Just don't abuse the feminine wiles. Of course it works (and always will), but there's nothing more helpless as a husband than knowing that you give in EVERY time to the feminine wiles. It's a bit of a comeuppance. But, I suppose that's part of being a guy....
Madcity

10:50 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Yes, but you get to pee standing up. Consider it a draw.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home