Thursday, November 08, 2007

Stranger Things Have Happened

But I don’t know what those things would be because I PASSED MY AICP EXAM!!!

I was getting pretty bummed out last night (obviously, if that last entry is anything to go by), but after a while, I just started to get really calm, and I thought “okay God – this is really all up to you now, because I have really done everything I can at this point.” So I decided that a good night’s sleep would do more good than cramming until some ungodly hour, and I went to bed.

I got up and was determined that I wasn’t going to roll in there with pajama pants, an old t-shirt, and 2-day old hair, so I showered, did my hair, put on my makeup, made myself a nice breakfast, and sat down to read some more stuff before I had to leave.

I have some old papers I wrote in grad school still saved in my e-mail account, and I decided to re-read them. First of all, reading my grad school speak, I thought “holy crap, I used to be smart!”. Then I also read what my professor had written about my papers and his thoughts on me as a student, and I know it sounds silly, but it really did give me some confidence – I started to actually feel like I really did have it in me, because I had worked really hard and done really well in grad school. I knew it was all in there somewhere.

So I left the house, drove over to the testing facility and found a parking spot with about 15 minutes to spare. I started my test, and even with reviewing a bunch of questions two or three times, I finished in two hours, although I was given four to complete the exam. It’s a computer-based test, to the results were immediately available, and when they popped up on the screen, I just stared for a few minutes, not believing what I saw.

The first coherent thought I had was “getthef*ckout!!!!!

So it was a very pleasant surprise, and one thing I’ve got out of the way.

I really was shocked, and I don’t feel like I can take much credit – I think there was a little divine intervention there. (Or maybe I really am that smart! Or…maybe there was a little divine intervention.)

And now…what’s next??

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hurray for my smarty pants friend! :)

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work. I bow to your superior smarty-pantsness.
Madcity

10:37 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Eh. You ARE that smart. we all knew it!

less than 48 hours... and then AU REVOIR baby!

d

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home