Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy New Year

I’ve never really been one for New Year’s resolutions, although I know that I tend to use this time to take stock of where my life is, and where I’d like it to be in a year. That does result in some goals and planning, and I suppose that’s kind of the same thing as a resolution, but they just seem so gimmicky.

What I mostly end up thinking about is where the past year has gone, and I have to say that 2007 won’t soon be forgotten. My niece was born, I had back surgery, Special K and I got married, K’s mom got gravely ill, we went to Italy, we came back to the news that she’d received a liver transplant, the summer was busy and stressful, good friends got married in the fall, we went to France in the fall, and then came Christmas. It was a difficult year in a lot of ways, and a great year in a lot of ways, but I’m excited to see what comes next for us. It will be a long time before we can even think about affording the luxury of two trips to Europe in one year – although in fairness the second one was primarily mission work and never would have happened otherwise. But that’s okay, I don’t know anyone our age who can afford to travel that much. So now we’ve got other long-term goals to work towards, which involve things like simplifying our life, getting our physical and financial health in better condition, praying that K’s mom can get through 2008 with a clean bill of health, hoping that our cars make it through another year with relatively little maintenance, and all kinds of other things – big and small.

So there you have it – that’s about as much as I’m going to get into about my already over-documented life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home